Thursday, May 29, 2014

Interviewing our staff: Cedric!


William & Cedric

STAFF INTERVIEW: CEDRIC!

"Cedric, what’s your fondest memory from Petals class?"

"Being able to hone in on my creativity, all while being with my friends. [Ashley {another Arc staff member}also says, “getting on people’s nerves - at least, he’s always socializing,” as she laughs. "Don't put that in the interview!" Too late!
"Who do you work with in Petals class?"

"William (on left)."
"What is William's favorite part of volunteering in Petals class?"

"Decorating bottles; gluing marbles, stones, and gems onto the bottles; getting to exercise his creativity

"And what is your favorite part of Petals class?"

"Probably decorating bottles, as well," as he smiles. I barge in, "yeah, you hid your twining talents from us as long as possible, until we realized how good you are at it." He laughs, "yeah, I tried. You found me out."
"So, where are you off to, next? You're moving - yes?"

"Yep. I'm moving to Fort Myers, Florida."
"And what will you do in Florida; what are your goals, once you get down there?

"I'm going to take steps towards becoming an electrician; the company that's hired me is going to pay for the training and certification."
"That sounds like an awesome gig! What have you learned from working at The Arc - and in working with our Petals class, specifically?"

"I have been able to find within myself a propensity for compassion and patience that I never knew I had. It's been fun to work with everyone."
"What would you like to see to added to Petals class?"

He laughs, looks around, and chirps, "more male volunteers. I'm outnumbered." 
"Well, have a wonderful time in Florida, man; we're goin' to miss you!"

In his "oh so Cedric" way, he laughs and says, "Yeah. I'm gonna miss y'all, too."

*BEST OF LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY, CEDRIC!*

The Petals class appreciates all of your hard work and willingness & will miss you terribly!

No comments:

Post a Comment