Friday, February 28, 2014

Volunteer Spotlight: An interview with Panna

Our fearless leader, Panna, is in charge of Petals class. We would be lost without her guidance!

How long have you volunteered at the ARC?: "I started volunteering several years ago, and have been at Petals specifically for about a year and half now."

Why did you become interested in the ARC?: "I have a daughter with special needs, and she has been receiving services from the ARC for about three years. I knew it was a great organization."

What is your favorite part about Petals class?: "I am an interior designer, so I really love arranging flowers and making everything look nice. Petals class gives me an artistic outlet. It gives everyone a sense of purpose, and I love the interactions that go in class."

Do you think Petals class makes a difference?: "It makes a difference for everyone involved, and we also can make a difference in the community. For example, we have branched out by doing arrangements for weddings and different dinners. It's great to see Petals expand."

What are some of your other hobbies?: "Traveling, cooking."

What is your favorite flower?: "Everything. I like them all!"

No comments:

Post a Comment